Saturday 1 May 2010

Happy Taxi !

Yesterday, I was in the back of a black cab & I noticed that the driver had hung a string of small multi-coloured flags around his window. On the flags I could make out what looked like ancient script & I asked the driver what the flags meant. He explained that they were Buddhist prayers & as the wind brushes against the flags the prayers are also gently blown around the world. We then chatted about meditation and at one point I laughed and said, "Well, I've never met a Buddhist cab driver before" (& I've only ever seen St.George's flags,which represent England , in black cabs !) and the driver who did genuinely have a Cockney accent answered :"Oh, there's a few & I know a few Transcendental Meditation drivers too..." This made me absurdly happy. I don't really know why, I'm not religious but the idea of meditating London cabbies is too cool to resist :) Love tt